The role encompasses the management of existing customers, principally the receipt of orders, query and compliant handling, and regular outbound communication in order to grow sales through upselling and product gap fill.
The candidate will be responsible for a mixture of customer accounts, including key accounts that are assigned to you. It is expected that all Internal Sales Account Handlers will be able to manage all customer accounts when necessary.
All customer interactions will be managed through our Hubspot CRM system and Merlin Order system.
As the role comprises an important part of the overall sales function in the company, the candidate will work alongside the (field based) Key Account Manager, who will also provide help and support.
Full in-house process and computer skills training, as well as external sales-based training will be given
The candidate should have previous experience of working directly with customers, be able to draw on mix of skills including internal sales, Customer Service and Telesales. They should also have some experience of working with computer-based sales order and/or CRM systems.
Skills required include:
• Ability to work with computers
• Good communication
• Personable and enthusiastic
• Willingness to work as part of a team
• Happy to work to deadlines
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 to 17:00 hours
Friday: 8:30 to 16:00 hours
Lunch: one hour (unpaid)
Flexibility: there is some possibility to vary these hours to meet domestic commitments
After an initial period of induction when fully office based, this role can be carried out on a hybrid - part office, part home working - basis if required.
Detailed Activity list for the Internal Sales Account Handler
• Receipt of orders from telephone, e-mail and web sources
• Entering orders onto Merlin system
• Upsell to customers on inbound (telephone) order capture
• Outbound calls to customers to follow up offers and range extend
• Outbound calls in support of marketing activity
• Preparation of customer quotations
• Provision of product advice (including product specifications, MSDS sheet, etc)
• Provision of reports as required by customer (in conjunction with IT department)
• Facilitating provision of samples (in conjunction with purchasing department)
• Maintenance of customer records on sales systems
• Query handling (progress of order, account balance and complaint handling)
• Participation in regular sales meetings